|Download now! (1630 Kb)
Desktop Assistants can help you find programs in the Windows Explorer Start Menu faster.
- Quick search of programs and documents by part of their names. At that you can put a few parts of program name separated by spaces. The program "Desktop Assistant" will show you set of corresponding elements what is very handy.
- Start of program with the rights of Administrator. You can work with the rights of safe user with limited rights. In the case of necessity to execute the program with administrative rights, you can select corresponding item in the context menu. You can permit the program "Desktop Assistant" to remember the Administrator's password in the protected storage of the Windows. After that you will no need to enter the password under every program run with administrative rights.
- Support of the "hot keys". It helps to open required page (documents, program in the Start menu, running processes, etc.) from any program.
- Search of running processes in the RAM. It allows to hide visible window or to take away a program from the RAM without calling to the task manager.
- Support of functions of quick safe shuting down and rebooting of a computer. If your computer is under high load and it needs urgent reload, then a fast reboot mode without the data saving in running programs is safer in comparison with pressing "Reset" button on the system block of the computer.
- Compatibility with other programs of quick access to Start menu elements. The program does not change or transpose elements in the Start menu. You can group them by yourself or with the aid of the special program as you like. This will not reflect to programs' visibility in
the utility. When you set or remove your programs or transfer elements between Start menu branches, then the utility renews its list of programs and documents automatically.
As you can see the main window of the "Desktop Assistant" application consists of two
The bottom part is combobox edit control where you can enter parts of words with delimiting by SPACE char.
The upper part is a list view which shows only subset of applications in Windows Explorer START Menu. This subset
is filtered by words you have entered in combobox edit control.
There are keys of the "Desktop Assistant" - the Windows Explorer START Menu helper program:
- CTRL + left WIN key - call "Desktop Assistant"
- You can press DOWN key to go to the list
view when the combox have selected
- ENTER key will hide "Desktop Assistant" helper program and run the selected application
- SHIFT + ENTER key will run Google search for entered keywords
- When the list view have selected, you can add filter
char to the combobox control by pressing any character
When you are closing "Desktop Assistant" the application actually hides in the tray.